For the last 2 years I have taken part in the Tewksbury Public Library’s 50 Books Challenge. The TPL challenge is simple, read 50 books from January 1 until December 31. In 2011, I read 55 books. In 2012 I took on an additional challenge put forth by a friend – in addition to the 50 books, read one book for every letter in the alphabet. I will finish out the challenge having read 83 books.
Recently, I started thinking about challenging myself a bit more, stepping outside of my comfort zone, not with the reading, but with what I do with the books that I have read. The 2013 Catch Up Reading Challenge requires that I post a review about each book I read for this challenge. I don’t fancy myself much of a writer. But, I will step out of “the zone” and do my best to review/recap/whatever the books listed below.
Here are the rules for the 2013 Catch Up Reading Challenge: [I cut & pasted these directly from Tammy’s blog at: http://booksbonesbuffy.com/2012/12/01/2013-catch-up-reading-challenge/ ]
1. Select the books you’d like to “catch up” on during the year. I’ve decided not to put a minimum or even a limit on this number. It’s really up to you. My list has (8) books on it.
2. Grab the challenge button and post it on your sidebar.
3. Do a Catch Up Challenge blog post listing the books you’d love to finally get to read in 2013. Include the button in your post and link back here, if you don’t mind:)
4. Every time you read one of your catch up books, write a review and let me know about it in the comment section of this post. I’d love to see what you’re reading! You can easily find this post again by clicking the Catch Up Challenge button on my sidebar. It will take you right back here.
5. PRIZES!! For every ten bloggers or reviewers that sign up, I will have a giveaway. And for each of your challenge book reviews, you’ll get an entry into the giveaway. Giveaways will be spread out during the year to give you time to read and review your books.
6. You don’t have to have a blog to participate! You can post reviews on Goodreads too, just let me know in the comments where to find your review.
In the immortal words of Barney Stinson, “Challenge Accepted!”
Stephen King and Christopher Moore are two of my favorite authors. So, I decided to catch up on their books I have been “meaning to get to someday.” Here is the list of books I will be reading for the 2013 Catch Up Reading Challenge:
- Wizard & Glass: The Dark Tower IV by Stephen King
- Wolves of the Calla: The Dark Tower V by Stephen King
- The Song of Susannah: The Dark Tower VI by Stephen King
- The Dark Tower: The Dark Tower VII by Stephen King
- The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King
- Carrie by Stephen King
- Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King
- Doctor Sleep by Stephen King (due to be published in 2013)
- Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King
- Joyland by Stephen King (due to be published in 2013)
- The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore
- Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore
Stay tuned for blog entries about each of the above books…and maybe a few more!