• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
Yesterday, I started Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card.
When I first saw people talking about this book, I didn’t know…
1) that it wasn’t a new offering. The book originally came out in 1977. I guess all of the current hype is because the movie adaptation is coming out this year.
2) that it was the first in a series. I hate, unknowingly, getting started with a new series! I especially hate it when I start with book 3, 4 or 8. I dodged a bullet this time.
The good news is, I am enjoying this book so far. The story is full of some thought-provoking ideas and there is enough action to move things along.
The bad news is, I think my wallet will be taking a hit in the future because there are 14 books currently, and another planned for future publication.
Have a great week of reading!