“I’m not afraid, you nitwit, I just kicked your ass…”
This exchange in The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore almost had me spraying coffee all over my favorite Tim Horton’s. In fact, the whole book left me with sore stomach muscles and a perma-grin.
Moore brought together several characters from his past novels, including Roberto — the talking giant fruit bat, for a season of gold, myrrh and the undead. There’s even a recipe for fruitcake, sort of!
This is typical Moore. If you haven’t read any of his other books, you won’t really know what I mean. Just trust me when I say, you’ll laugh out loud…unless, of course, you have had your funny bone removed. A lot of the jokes are adult in nature. So, heed the warning in the front of the book.
I am never disappointed by Moore’s books. I am only disappointed that I have finished the last one I had left to read. I hope he is writing furiously as we speak!
Until next time…
Here is an updated list of books I will be reading for the 2013 Catch Up Reading Challenge:
Wizard & Glass: The Dark Tower IV by Stephen King Wolves of the Calla: The Dark Tower V by Stephen King
- The Song of Susannah: The Dark Tower VI by Stephen King
- The Dark Tower: The Dark Tower VII by Stephen King
- The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King
Carrie by Stephen King
- Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King
- Doctor Sleep by Stephen King (due to be published in 2013)
- Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King
- Joyland by Stephen King (due to be published in 2013)
The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore