Honestly, I am anxiously awaiting the theatrical releases of several of them. I have read the books and always hold out hope for the movie adaptations. Here are my brief thoughts on each:
1) Carrie – It’s a remake and normally I will not give a remake the time of day — or the money from my wallet. But, the abomination that Brian DePalma released in the 70s begs a second chance. I look forward to something that is closer to the book.
2) Horns – Joe Hill’s book was a lot of fun. I was leery of reading this because I could not make it through “Heart Shaped Box”. But, I was pleasant surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I also think it’ll be fun to see Daniel Radcliffe as something other than Harry Potter.
3) Under The Dome – From what I have seen online, I may be the only hardcore Stephen King fan that is enjoying the TV adaptation of this book. (Okay, maybe not the only, but I am in the minority for sure.) We’re only 2 episodes in and I am already loving some characters and hating others.
4) Ender’s Game – I have read the first book and would not count myself as one of the “Ender Fanatics” but this should be good. Asa Butterfield was fantastic in Hugo and I look forward to seeing him as Ender. I think he is capable of the innocence — and intensity — that makes up Ender’s personality.
5) Divergent – I recently read the first two books in this series and can’t wait for the third to come out. I hope it is done well and provides the cliffhanger that makes me immediatelyy want Insurgent to come out.
6) Catching Fire – Four words…CAN’T COME SOON ENOUGH!!!!!
7) City of Bones – When I was reading the books, I thought they would make a great series on cable — HBO? AMC? or the like — but I am not convinced that they can do justice to the books in 2 or 2 1/2 hours.
On a side note, I also found a few books on the list I have not read but jotted down for future purchase. Always a bonus!!