W…W…W…Wednesdays is a weekly reading prompt hosted by MizB at Should be Reading.
TO PLAY ALONG, JUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING THREE (3) QUESTIONS:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
Now, on with this weeks W… W… W… Wednesday.
I just started reading Still Life by Lousie Penny. Both my mother and sister like these novels and my mom keeps suggesting I start. So, I am starting Still Life tonight.
I, literally, just finished Fever by Mary Beth Keane. Beside being the tragic tale of Mary (Typhoid Mary) Mallon’s life, it is also an amazing portrait of New York City at the beginning of the 20th century. The filth, the struggles to find steady work, the people living stacked atop each other, etc. It really makes you appreciate what we have now.
Since last week, I also finished the audiobook of The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl. I downloaded this from OverDrive because the cover was really catchy and the brief description caught my eye. It was a little darker than I expected (I should have read more of the description…all my fault). But, it was also one that I couldn’t stop listening to.
I scratched one more off the Catch Up Reading Challenge 2014 list. (see below) So, I will keep working on completing it. I think it’ll be the next Lucas Davenport novel. We’ll see, though.
1) Nowhere Men: Vol. 1 by Eric Stephenson, Nate Bellegarde, & Jordie Bellaire 2) Fables: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham & Lan Medina 3) Fables: Animal Farm by Bill Willingham & Mark Buckingham
4) The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin
5) Fever by Mary Beth Keane
6) Zero Day by David Baldacci
7) Islands of Destiny by John Prados
8) The Gentle Axe by R. N. Morris
9) Harbor by John Ajvide Lindqvist
10) Red Blood, Black Sand by Chuck Tatum
11) The Beekeepers Apprentice by Laurie R. King
12) Locked Rooms by Laurie R. King
13) Justice Hall by Laurie R. King
14) The Casebook of Newbury & Hobbes by George Mann
15) Still Life by Louise Penny 16) Phantom Prey by John Sandford
17) Buried Prey by John Sandford
18) Storm Prey by John Sandford
19) Stolen Prey by John Sandford
20) Wicked Prey by John Sandford
21) Split Second by David Baldacci
22) The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell
23) The Guns of August by Barbara W. Tuchman
24) Xenocide by Orson Scott Card
25) Seaworthy by Linda Greenlaw
26) Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
27) The Rogue Crew by Brian Jacques
28) The Sable Queen by Brian Jacques
29) Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King (To by realeased June 2014)
30) Revival by Stephen King (Release date TBA but has been confirmed it’ll be in 2014)